Spring cleaning is a cute moniker and sometimes reminder that it’s that time of the year to do some deep cleaning of your home. Here are some tips and tricks that you should bookmark for the weekend. Spring is also prime home buying season. Do you have a friend or family member looking to relocate? Send them my way! Toll-free 855-688-1603.
1. April Showers Bring May Flowers – But, only if you prep the garden today! Lay mulch around shrubs and flower beds before the weeds take over next month. However, resist the urge to plant warm season annuals and vegetables until the last frost date has passed in your area.
2. Fresh Air, Fresh Paint – Planning to paint the exterior of your home, deck or front door? Start preparing exterior surfaces now by scraping and sanding so that when the warmer weather arrives, you’ll be ready to apply the first coat (without a coat on!)
3. Dust Off the Chaise Lounges – The days of lounging in the backyard are almost here! Take some time to clean and repair any outdoor furniture.
4. Get Rid of House Guests – While we all love having family and friends visit over the holidays, other unwelcome house guests can often make themselves at home in our roofs and walls during the winter. Follow this guide to inspect and repair damage from animals who took shelter in your home this winter season.
5. Organize the Garage or Shed – For most of the country, it’s finally time to stash the snow shovels and bust out the lawnmower. While you’re at it, consider these 5 things husbands need for spring cleaning at home.
6. Spring Clean That Closet – Kick off your spring cleaning project by tackling one of the most cluttered spots of the home. Follow these three steps to a spring miracle: an organized closet.
Spring Forward with a Fresh Start!